Friday 23 January 2015

Tiara time

After a few hours of inventing new swear words to suit my situation - namely, that my first attempt at making a tiara ended up in a huge crown and my second was still way too massive - I finally managed to pull off a small, understating tiara, from pearl beads, tiara-making flowers, diamond beads, silver-plated wire and a few other beads I found in my jewellery making box.





The glue gun, which has already become my best friend in the card-making process lately, was useful in ensuring the wire ends did not end up getting stuck in and ultimately damaging my hair.


Oops, looks like the in-laws just arrived. Future Mr is sleeping on the sofa next to me, better stop writing and waking him up.

Edited:
What did I do?
I bought a plain silver-plated hairband, used 4mm silver-plated wire to stick on 1 large bead or up to 5 smaller ones at a time and simply attached them by wrapping the wire around the hairband as tightly as I could. I started with the flowers and spaced them out fairly evenly, then added the large pearls and used ever smaller beads to hide the wiring at the top - no-one will see the bottom, so that doesn't really matter.
I have fine hair and it gets caught in things really easily, so after trying the tiara on once I decided that, despite my best efforts, the wire still stuck out at the ends, potentially leading to pain and torn hair. That's when I used the glue gun to smooth the bottom bits out. It worked a treat, as long as I made sure that it didn't dry too thickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment