Sunday 25 January 2015

In Search of the Perfect Dress

In my search for the perfect dress, I have come across this blog.

Sugardale's instructions are amazingly easy to understand for any sewing novice and I will try to make the petticoat as a first attempt at getting my dress sorted. It will form the underskirt to the dress - lacking a hoop - and I like the look of the ruffles rather than the pretence of them. I suppose as the dresses I tried on were so heavy, the petticoat wouldn't have made much sense, but with just some silk as a top layer the dress should be workable, lightweight and as non-restrictive as it can get.
In theory at least.

I will make a dress rehearsal (geddit?) for my daughter, who will be a bridesmaid. Of course, the measurements will have to be adjusted. I wonder whether proportions would work?


No comments:

Post a Comment