Saturday 6 June 2015

Corset making update

I am about 1/3 through with it now. The week has, again, been going slowly, owing mainly to the fact that I have been working pretty much straight from 5.30am to 10pm every day, what with family and my job to sort out. I have to admit that I didn't do any wedding preparation during the week, as by 10pm I was usually falling asleep on the sofa about 10min after I'd finished working.

Next week is barely looking better work-wise (intensive phase, hopefully followed by quite a calm one in 2 weeks' time and holidays a few weeks after that), but I should be getting a lot more done after it's passed. There are still 4 cards here, which is a little annoying, but they are slowly moving into the last few hands, or so I am told.

My corset is going well; I have indeed overestimated my body a little, so I have plenty of room for playing with the material at the back edge, and even on the side, should I consider a zip there for ease on the actual wedding day - otherwise, who will lace me up?
The cable ties are strong, but flexible enough to allow plenty of movement, and the bones spaced out in a way to tuck most of my belly away.



The middle layer still needs its boning, but the rest is done, save from the top and bottom, for which I am still considering support with thinner cable ties. It looks quite messy on the picture, but it gives my curves a nice fit. My boobs are also nicely enhanced :-)

So the next thing will be to look at the fastenings, which would also be attached to the inner layer, as well as the elastic, which goes all the way across. I would rather like to get the fastenings too short rather than too long - too short would mean that I could work with a modesty plate to cover up any gaps at the back, whereas too long would just ruin the point of the whole corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment