Sunday 14 June 2015

It's all coming together

The mannequin was indeed a good investment. I was able to pin everything together today, able to see where adjustments need to be made and where fabric needs to be added to tidy up the sides and back. I was also able to pin the neckline to the exact shape it needs to be in the end and tack the pieces loosely together.

Currently, I am adding the elastic band to the waistline in my corset, before I start to sew all the front bits together.

Seeing the dress coming together has given me a real motivation boost, which was very much needed after I have spent what seems like ages just working on individual bits, without ever seeing what it was all going to become. It is all starting to make sense in my head. Good times :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment