Sunday 23 August 2015

What has happened so far...

This week has been a busy one. We have sorted the rings (palladium bands, his wide with 2 diamante cuts and mine smaller with 2 cuts and a matte middle), the cake (though apparently 2 months is very short notice), my shoes (these beauties from Irregular Choice), my veil, his fittings and the rest of the pin-on roses for family members. I am now back on the dress sewing and have attached all the pinned-down bits, as well as cut the extra fabric off to prevent extra layers making me look bigger than necessary. I am currently sewing the modesty plate as a little bit of 'light' work before cutting more fabric tonight after my significant other has gone to bed and potentially even pinning it into place. We'll be meeting a few people over the next couple of days, and with guests staying over yet again I'll have to tidy what has generally become known as THINGS away until the final week before work resumes.

For those of you still looking for a few bits of inspiration, I have taken on my future mother-in-law's advice to use stiffening fabric inside the modesty plate to give it a little bit of shape. The plate itself is cut in a trapezium shape, 12cm at the top and 9cm at the bottom and encased in the same satin my dress is made from. Two satin ribbons either side of the outwardly-sewn end are attached to some Velcro hooks, which will find their opposite inside the dress. The hooks are on the modesty plate part, so that it won't scratch my back if slightly undone during the day.

P.S. - Almost 1000 views - Thank you everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment