Monday 16 February 2015

Update

Men. I am sitting here waiting for my cheesy eggs to set, having completely forgotten to eat over the excitement of having the morning to myself. It is cold. Freezing cold, in fact, after our boiler broke to mark the start of what could have been a nice, cosy half-term.
He took my child out for a bit to get his car fixed and give me a bit of space, but it's pouring down with rain and it's cold - did I mention that? - so he is bored now, waiting for his car, and keeps phoning up to talk. It's lovely, really, but a little annoying as I am still struggling with the nylon string to stop knotting. It's a sewing machine thread, but honestly, I can't see that working without constant annoyances.

I have not been idle, even though it seems to take ages to get the veil into shape and sew the ribbon all around it.I have finalised the shape by using pins to mark the approximate shape, once again battling with Threadstopper to stop going all over the place and cutting off the out-of-shape fabric bits. It's now in a rectangular shape with a semi-circle at the bottom.

I have enlisted the help of my future mother-in-law for the corset. She seemed surprised, but (hopefully) pleased that I asked her to help me. She used to make corsets all the time and I hope her expertise will come in useful when choosing the shape and measurements. Bach to food.


No comments:

Post a Comment