Friday 22 May 2015

Update

Just a quickie to let people know I am still fully in preparation mode. Things had to quieten down for a while, what with the new job and other things going on, but we are still, slowly, moving into the wedding direction.

There are still unfinished invitations cluttering our living room, although I have been assured that these will be the last ones - and good job, too, as I am running out of supplies and unwilling to buy any more (we have reached almost 70 cards now). Apparently, they are going to be written this weekend. Good.

In addition to that there have been lots of little developments - I have thrown my first dress attempt out and am currently working on no.2, which is not only simpler in style, but with which I have also wisely moved away from dress patterns I can't read or make to the simple old-style version of pinning the fabric directly to my body and marking down where fabric needs to be tucked in. This has led to quite a nice fit around the bust area, although I am still a little unsure as to how I will get the back to fit, because whilst I am bendy, I am not a contortionist.

The table decorations are moving along nicely, too - I have also thrown my first attempt out and am working on no.2 there, which I will detail later. Misshapen first attempts and much improvement on no.2s may become my default pattern for the preparations, though, hopefully, not the marriage itself.

I have also found my personal favourite wedding favours to give away - my lab have thrown out sets of tiny vials, which I will fill with coloured sand and label with messages like 'fairy dust' and 'love potion'. Mr husband-to-be is not too taken by the idea yet and wants sweets instead, but come on, sweets are boring and will be gone soon after.

What is still on the list? The little one wants a tiara, though I may just lend her my white beaded hairband. I have bought a guest book, which, pre-made, would have cost £15, for £2.50, to decorate later.

Oh, he is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment