Sunday 28 June 2015

Can we make it? Yes we can!

Sorry for the cheesy Bob the Builder reference, but I am having one of these days.

The in-laws have been over this weekend, and in their well-meaning way, have warned me, once again, against making so many things for the wedding myself.
The list is growing; I have a lot of projects on the go, because some I can do in front of my future husband and some I can't, some can be done during a break at work, some need drying time and for some I need the materials. Plus, I get bored and prefer to start other things in the meantime.


Currently on the go:
  • the dress - won't be finished until the end of summer, I presume (still working on the top)
  • the children's activity books (the Christening last weekend has shown me just how important they are)
  • the favours, though I am waiting for us to eat many more pizzas to save some of those plastic bits holding the boxes, and I have had to wait a long time for the sand to dry
  • the tiara for my daughter and my bouquet - not really in progress; I am just gathering materials
  • the table decorations - again, drying time and lack of material are the main issues here, plus storage space.
Should I start one project and only start another when I have finished the first? Probably. But then, things probably wouldn't get done at all, or I would forget about all the little things,which personalise our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment